Soton Erasmus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Soton Erasmus Forum

Soton 06 Erasmus forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"Les Choristes" this Thursday

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Silvia

Silvia

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2006-03-12

"Les Choristes" this Thursday Empty
PostSubject: "Les Choristes" this Thursday   "Les Choristes" this Thursday EmptyWed 15 Mar à 12:35

Hello everybody!

Tomorrow, there will be the film "Les Choristes" in Avenue Campus at 6pm, for free! Very Happy It is a french film, with english subtitles, that was nominated for Academy Awards. I heard that it is a very good film! For those who are interested in it, see you tomorrow! Oh, and see you tonight at the Hobbit! cheers

"16-03-06: Les Choristes (C. Barratier, 2004)
With: Gérard Jugnot, F. Berleand, Kad Merad, Marie Bunnel…

By getting nominated for Academy Awards in both the Foreign Language Film and Best Song categories, Les Choristes made a rare (for a European film) double impression at the 2004 Oscars. This sentimental tale follows the arrival of a new teacher at a remote boys school in 1949 France (the war is a largely unspoken but ghostly presence). With disciplinary problems rampant, and the policies of the old-fashioned headmaster not helping, Monsieur Mathieu decides to introduce choral singing as a way to bridge the gap with his students.
An inspirational story in the rich tradition of MUSIC OF THE HEART and MR. HOLLAND'S OPUS, THE CHORUS has moved critics everywhere to declare it one of the year's very best films! When he takes a job teaching music at a school for troubled boys, Clément Mathieu is unprepared for its harsh discipline and depressing atmosphere. But with passion and unconventional teaching methods, he's able to spark his students' interest in music and bring them a newfound joy! It also puts him at odds with the school's overbearing headmaster, however, locking Mathieu in a battle between politics and the determination to change his pupils' lives!"
Back to top Go down
Martin

Martin

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2006-03-14

PostSubject: Re: "Les Choristes" this Thursday   "Les Choristes" this Thursday EmptyWed 15 Mar à 17:16

Hi Silvia,

You are right, the movie is not bad. I`ve seen the movie already and I like it. But I don`t want to see it again, sorry.

Greetings, Martin
Back to top Go down
Mat76

Mat76

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2006-03-16

PostSubject: Re: "Les Choristes" this Thursday   "Les Choristes" this Thursday EmptyThu 16 Mar à 6:20

Hi Lads,

I've seen it in France and it is a good movie indeed.
I'll be there at 6 tonigh.

See u
Mathias
Back to top Go down
Nora

Nora

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2006-03-11

PostSubject: hi there...   "Les Choristes" this Thursday EmptyThu 16 Mar à 7:33

I probably won't come...
don't know any french and reading exhausts me Very Happy

but wish you a great evening
nora
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Les Choristes" this Thursday   "Les Choristes" this Thursday Empty

Back to top Go down

"Les Choristes" this Thursday
Page 1 of 1